If you will be getting baptized, here is the information you need to prepare. God bless you as you take the amazing step of obedience and publicly declare your faith in Christ!
Pastor Lance on “Why We Baptize”
We will be agreeing to the following creed at the Baptism. Please review!
“I Believe . . . !” I believe in One God, the Creator of heaven and earth.
• In the Father, who because of love sent His Son for our salvation.
• In the Son, Jesus Christ, born of the Virgin Mary, who was crucified, died as payment for our sins and was buried; who rose from the dead for our justification and new life.
• In the Holy Spirit, who lives in each believer to conform us into the image of Jesus Christ, and empowers us to serve one another and the world.
I believe in the Holy Bible, God’s inspired and inerrant Word, and I resolve that I will seek to know and pattern my life after its truths.
I believe that the Gospel is the power of God unto salvation; that men and women are saved by grace through faith in Christ, Whom I believe on.
I receive this salvation and understand my responsibility to be a witness of Jesus Christ.
I believe in repentance and the forgiveness of sins, and I publicly renounce, and promise to resist the influences of the world, the flesh, and devil.
I believe in the Church, and join the community of believers, past, present, and future, who have denied the self-life and seek first the kingdom of God.
I believe in the resurrection of the body, the visible Return of Christ, and the life-everlasting.
This Is The Truth!
Baptism Preparation and Study
This study is created for candidates for baptism at Calvary Chapel of Oxnard. It is also for those who have questions regarding the subject of baptism.
In Acts 2:37-38 • What did Peter tell the crowd they were to do?
In Matthew 28:18-20 • What did Jesus tell the disciples to do?
• What does “repent’ mean?
In Romans 6:3-7 (What BAPTISM is)
• According to this passage — what is baptism?
• It pictures what two aspects of Christ’s work?
• What does “baptizo” mean?
• Romans 6:3 Describes baptism as what?
• What do we call this kind of baptism?
• In the early church, baptism was seen as what?
• Who are we making a declaration to when we are baptized?
Who may be baptized ?
- According to Acts 2:38, who may be baptized?
- According to Acts 8:36-37, who may be baptized?
- What two requirements are necessary to be baptized?
Preparation for baptism
- Listen to the accompanying audio to understand what baptism is.
- Ask yourself if you meet the requirements for baptism.
- Read the Creed (ask questions on any items you do not understand.)
- An elder will contact you prior to baptism for a phone interview.
What happens at baptism?
- Change into appropriate clothing.
- Meet to sing and pray together.
- Read the Creed statement together.
- Enter into the water one at a time.
- Dry off.
- Receive communion and be anointed with oil and prayed with by the elders.
What to expect!
- A profound sense of the presence of God.
- A quiet assurance.
- Ask God for a specific blessing. Frame a specific request and make it a part of your prayerful preparation for baptism.
May God’s Grace Fill Your Life as You Take This Step of Obedience!